Chicken Homecoming...





Ingredients :

Mustard Oil
Onions - grated or chopped
Ginger-Garlic paste
1 Cup curd mixed well along with Turmeric powder, red chilly powder, dhania powder, salt and sugar.
Lemon juice

Whole spices:

Cloves (Lobongo),
Green cardamoms (Elach),
Black cumin (Kalo jeera),
Methi (Fenugreek seeds)
Mustard seeds (Shorshe)
A pinch of Hing (Asafoetida)
Dry whole red chillies

Procedure:

Heat mustard oil in a pan, add to it all the whole spices and fry till Methi turns golden brown.
Add to this the onions and fry till it starts changing colour, then add in the ginger-garlic paste. Fry for about 5 minutes.

The chicken goes into the pan next. Once the chicken starts giving out the juices and changes colour wait till the juices dry up. Now add the curd, well beaten along with the turmeric, red chilly, dhania powders and salt and sugar.

Cook for another 15 minutes and add water if you want (this dish would be better off without any gravy. The above picture shows a lot of it though, but that was because I was forced to stop cooking. The people around had suddenly gotten very hungry).

The secret to the taste lies in the addition of lemon juice saved for the end.
Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve hot.

Try it, it is really yummy.

7 comments:

    hey dats gr8....thnx i got another recipe to try..u know for the last one month bari te bose bore hochi r nuton notun dishes try korchi ami its so much fun..i love it...
    u r soo sweet..luv u.....

     

    I had myself learnt cooking during my ICSE and then ISC breaks....so all the best to you Dona-Shona...

    And do give me your feedback on Chicken Homecoming once you've prepared it.

    Thumbs Up...

     
    On May 4, 2010 at 12:52 AM Anonymous said...

    I am trying so hard to become a Vegetarian... and this happens... slurrrp!!!

     

    Why but?!? I would die without thinking about fish/chicken/mutton...leave alone stop eating it :P

     

    Hi..

    I have often visited your blog for recipes and read other blog as well. I have a silly Q to ask...can I have ur e mail ID ? I had a technical Q. I know this is an odd request ...

    Thanks
    Dhoritri

     

    @Dhoritri di: It seems you were my senior in school :)
    This is such a small world... :)

     

    This is great post. Thanks for sharing this informative post.
    https://www.bharattaxi.com